Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stupid Avis

Oh man, the journey back to Arboles, CO was miserable.  It was like a small comedy of errors.  First with the missed flight and to end with my first experience with renting a car.  The cheapest flight we could find arrived in Albuquerque, which according to Google Maps was 4.5 hours away.  I felt really bad making the boys drive 9 hours just to come fetch me so I rented a car.  I had gone on Priceline and reserved the cheapest car for a total of $35 which seemed preposterous to everyone else in the house because usually their way more expensive.  Anyway, long story short, I hate renting cars.

I got hoodwinked!  I showed the agent my reservation and then he upgraded me without my knowledge, convinced me to prepay for gas, and then made highly disapproving faces when I declined all insurance.  When I returned the car in Durango the other agent pointed out the upgrade.  All of the Avis customer service people suck.  Both people I talked to simply said I should have known it was a bigger car before I left the lot.  Ugh!  Yeah, I should of but never having rented a car before I didn't know what to keep an eye out for.  And word to this wise--avoid the pre-paid gas tank.  Even if you only use a 1/2 tank they still charge you for it.  Not worth it.  Stupid Avis....avoid Avis I say!

Here ends my diatribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment