Thursday, June 3, 2010

Children

Conner and Dan would probably faint if they knew I was writing this down for all to read although they’ll probably never read this anyhow.  So here goes.  At my fervent requests their mom, Melody, has been showing me old family photos.

The boys are hands-down the cutest little kids ever.  Seeing them makes me want to have kids because damn, why let those gorgeous genes go to waste?  I mean, just look at ‘em!
 Speaking of children, I’ve noticed that people grow up fast around these parts.  So many of our friends back in Austin aren’t married and don’t even have kids on the brain.  Most of us are trying to figure out what to do with our lives and find a way to have both happy-hour and health insurance at the same time.  For heaven’s sake, only one of my friends have even gotten married and she only had a small, family-only kind of ceremony.  But here in southern Colorado I’ve met those who’ve been married and divorced by 25, divorced with two kids by 27, and married with kids and owning their own home.

Despite my desire to not let the Finn genes go to waste, the thought of Conner and I having kids within the next 10 years seems completely implausible.  We just have too many plans already that don’t involve children.

I should probably not go too overboard with show-and-tell so that it doesn’t come back to bite me in the ass once we swing through North Carolina to see my family and all the awkward pictures start flying about.

1 comment:

  1. Heheheh! Oh man, those photo's get me every time. And do I ever know what you mean about that Finn gean :-)

    ReplyDelete