Monday, June 28, 2010

Midnight Specials

The Finns have several dvds from the 1970's musical variety show, Burt Sugarman's Midnight Special.  It's the best music in pop culture from that era, hands down.  It came on right after the Johnny Carson show and had all sorts of performances by Curtis Mayfield, Gladys Knight, John Denver, The Bee Gees, and so-on-and-so-forth.  I've been watching a couple each night before I go to bed for "research" purposes--you know, camera angles, theatrical skills, and good lord, the costumes!  I've got a running list of musicians that I think integrate music, performance skills, and wardrobe to the best degree.  I'll post a couple of them in the near future but for the time being, I'll leave you with my favorite Midnight Special thus far...

No comments:

Post a Comment