Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Seeing What You Want To See And Hearing What You Want To Hear

I've been stocking up on my girlie movie time while I've been back at home.  Mom has all these girl-fest flms like Pride and Predjudice, Vicky Christina Barcelona, Tristan and Isolde, and An Education.   After watching so many films with Conner and Dan like Joe Dirt, Dumb and Dumber, and Old School, my girl marathon is a welcome break.  I've also shaved my legs, plucked my eye brows, and whited my teeth while I've been home.  Girl time yay!

I must confess however, that some girlie films I refuse to finish watching.  It's mainly Romeo and Juliette type films that I just don't like to finish--Tristan and Isolde, supposedly the original R and J story, is included in this.  I like to watch it while romance is still in the air, while there's passion and happiness, while things are still good but I hate watching while it all goes down the toilet.  It's much too depressing, so I stop watching. 

So while I say that I watched Tristan and Isolde, that's only a half truth because when treachery became the main theme instead of hidden love, I shut the TV down and went to bed.
Image via The Portland Mercury

No comments:

Post a Comment