Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Angela-Red

Conner and I are house-sitting for the Gummersall family while they’re in Santa Fe so that the youngest son, Tyller, can finish up recording his first full-length album with a girl named Tina.  Conner and Dan have done some recording with him earlier this year. 

Mamma Jenny is a photographer and when they visited Austin earlier this year she gave me a little lesson on how to takes photos of musicians in action.  Pappa Greg is an abstract painter and ranks #2 on my “Best Networking Skills” list under David Holmes of Intrepid Artist Management—the guys know everyone.  They have two other sons whom I have never met.  One of them is Devon Gummersall, a star in the now defunct My So-Called Life.  I was a huge fan back in the day and even died my hair Angela-red in 6th grade.  I really like the family and always end up telling them way more than I ever plan and blushing accordingly.

C and D will probably accompany Tina and Tyller when they play their cd release party in Santa Fe in a couple weeks.  Details to follow…
 Photo by Jenny Gummersall

1 comment: