Friday, July 16, 2010

How To Make Sun Tea

Melody Finn and Jenny Gummersall showed me the beauty of Sun Tea as southern Colorado inches up to 100 degrees during the day.  It's strange that when we got here at the beginning of May, I was wearing every single warm piece of clothing I brought and I was still freezing.  Now I drink a ton of ginger ale and sun tea.
"In theory, sun tea is supposed to be better than tea made using boiled water because the sun slowly, and gently infuses the water with all the goodness of the herbs instead of the bitter oils that are brought out with rapid brewing."

1. Fill up a glass milk jug (1/2 gallon) with distilled water
2. Throw in 8 tea bags (my favorite is Cinnamon Apple Spice that's sweet enough you don't have to throw in any additional sweeteners)
3. Leave out in full sun for 3-5 hours
4. Drink it up, it's delicious

Quote and photo via You Grow Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment