Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July in Arboles

I've been hearing about the Arboles 4th of July parade ever since we got here in May.  The sign heading in to the event read Arboles Arade.  I figured that because the parade was so small they shortened the word to reflect the size...haha, I jest.  The 7 car parade had to go around the block twice to make it worth while; the first time they threw out handfuls of candy to the people dotting the route.  I picked up a DumDum sucker and stuck in my hair like a flower to eat later but I never did get around to it, so it stayed up there all 4th of July.  The full Arade.
The second time around both the parade and the crowd whipped out their SuperSoaker 2000's and had a big old water fight.  Everyone was drenched by the end.
Sandra and Jesse Horton, Bryce Finn
As we were walking down from the parade to the cookout I overheard this little boy say, "Jesus, grant me poise..."  It was too freaking adorable that I had to take a photo. 
This is where the cookout area was, right by the library.  Just look at that little library!  I was told that it's just one room full of cheesy romance novels that's rarely ever open, so don't bother.  Haha...

2 comments:

  1. one nice thing about being in an arade of 10 cars its easy to win best in show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that is true! Very true...not sure who won the best in show this time round...

    ReplyDelete