Thursday, May 27, 2010

Running Out

Nick Mogden and Conner
I never expected this undertaking to be easy.  I expected that it would throw me into lots of situations where I was outside of my comfort zone, force us to all be creative and resourceful, and I looked forward to spend lots of frustrating hours trying to figure out how to edit footage for short online videos.

It's almost the end of May and despite our best efforts we're still not done with the car and we've nearly run out of all the money we saved up before leaving Austin.  And we still haven't even gotten on the road.  How depressing is that?

I heard the boys bemoaning our states of affairs late Saturday night after I had already gone to bed.  The next day we were all the biggest sad saps ever.  So now we're brainstorming ways to make money to keep this thing going because come hell or high water we've damn well finishing this project despite the obstacles...even if we have to push the damn car across the country because we don't have enough gas money.

If anyone has ideas on how to make gas money as we go...please do holler.

2 comments:

  1. Kickstarter?

    http://www.kickstarter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.johnnycupcakes.com/tour/

    this guy basically just made up a tour for himself and hyped it and apparently had quite a lot of success. maybe you could organize benefit shows ahead of time along the way? try to get small ton papers on board along the way?

    ReplyDelete