Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Punctured Lungs

The other day I had a dream that I fell and cracked a rib that punctured a lung.  The ambulance came and I kept waving them away saying, “No!  I don’t have insurance!”  Apparently I’m a little paranoid about not having insurance.

Surface injuries I’m not worried about on account of C & D because of an incident that happened Christmas 2006.  They were living outside of Austin with the other two members of their now defunct band, Liquid Revolution.  They had begun partying on Christmas Eve and promptly drank through all their booze that night.  Already pretty toasted Dan and their guitarist, Gavin, decided to run to the gas station for more beer before it closed for Xmas day.  With Dan riding his BMX bike, and Gavin on his skateboard, they filled their backpacks up to the brim.  For some reason, on the ride back Dan ended crashing his bike and instead of falling on his back and crushing all the beer cans, he flipped over and fell flat on his chin.  He split his chin pretty good and Conner ended up sewing him up with 10 lbs fishing line and big old needle they had at the house.  Surprisingly enough for a wasted pseudo-surgeon, Conner sewed Dan up damn well and it didn’t leave a bad scar at all. 

This is precisely why I’m not worried about cutting myself.  It’s the broken bones and punctured lungs that I lose sleep over.

No comments:

Post a Comment