Sunday, October 10, 2010

Water For Elephants

No such luck on the job front yet although Conner and I have been pounding pavement like nobody's business.  I do have a couple interviews coming up this week and hopefully one of those works out.  Job hunting sucks.  I've put in applications at J Crew, Williams Sonoma, Trader Joe's, Barnes & Noble...basically everything at the mall.  And again, hopefully one of those will work out this next week.

In the meantime I've picked up a couple books from the library.  Immediately I got sucked into Water For Elephants which was amazing and I almost finished within the day.  Awesome!  Read it.  It's about a young man who runs away and joins the circus during the Depression.  It's been a while since a book has sucked me in so completely...since the Twilight series but that was "book crack" and I offer no other explanation for that literary blip. 

They have several photos reprinted from the Ringling Circus Museum in Sarasota, Florida.  I had no idea they have a Ringling museum!  We're absolutely going to make a quick stop in Florida and go to the circus museum...I dreaming of pink sequins and cotton candy this evening.

1 comment: