Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm Not With The Band

I’m not in a band.

Nor am I With The Band, although I did finally read the book after tracking the out-of-print book down three states away at the Northeastern University library.  After seeing Pamela Des Barres, original Plaster Caster groupie, interviewed on VH1, I had to read it.  I have also read Peggy Boyd’s Wonderful Tonight about George Harrison and Eric Clapton, Suze Rotolo’s A Freewheeling Time: A Memoir of Greenwhich Village In The Sixties about Bob Dylan, and Marianne Faithful’s Faithful: A Memoir about all of the Rolling Stones.  I got on a kick of reading memoirs by rock star’s ex-girlfriends for a while, until I ran out of them.  The one I really want to read hasn’t been written yet, but one day she will and I’ll be first in line.  Betty Davis will one day write her autobiography about being a total badass in New York City in the 1970’s, being married to Miles Davis, getting divorced on account of an affair with Jimi Hendrix, and then beginning her own controversial career in the funk world.  It’ll be great, once she writes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment