Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Feeling Anxious

We leave Austin in 2 days.  I seem to have had a minor freak-out session in increments of 2.  At 2 months I worried about where we were going to shower and do laundry.  At 2 weeks I stressed about how we were going to make money and survive on the road for an entire year without killing each other.  Now it's down to 2 days and I'm concerned about being bored.

I usually have multiple jobs, several projects, and lots of social time going on at once.  The hectic lifestyle energizes me instead of feeling overwhelming; being still is something I have to consciously work on.  When Conner and I met up in Greece this past summer after Kat and I had gone on a two month cycling trip through Europe, he was perfectly content to relax all day at the beach.  This was Greece with some of the best beaches ever!  I tried really hard to do the same but I kept getting antsy and requiring that we scale the rocky coastline like goats or hiking up the service road to the top of the island to find--absolutely nothing.  But it was the pure physical activity of it all that kept my sanity in check...which is why we're all bringing our bicycles and I'm bringing running shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment