Monday, September 20, 2010

We're Not Dead...

Haha, I keep talking to people who exclaim, "Where are you?!  I'm so glad you're not dead!  I was a little worried there for a minute..."  So yeah, just for the record, we're not dead.  Right now we're in the Village of Alfred, NY where Dan has moved in order to drop off the rest of his belongings.  It's a super small but cute town that has two colleges with a median age of 20.4.   Alfred is notable for it's art program but as most students keep telling us, that's about the only thing going for it.  There's talk of 17 below temperatures in the winter and for goodness sake, everyone's practically a baby here! 

But Kat's friends whom we've met are all awesome, and energetic, and giddy and frankly, it's refreshing.  It makes me want to go back to school hard-core.  It also makes me think of when the last time I felt really excited and giddy...it was months ago in Colorado when Conner's mom let me borrow her 1941 sewing machine for the trip.  Haha, I mean, come on, it's freaking awesome and totally made my month.  I've totally put it to use in making myself a new 1950's wardrobe so I can match the car.  That was the last time.
Aww, world's smallest violin--I think my little Rachel light, the one that's supposed to burn so bright, has dimmed a bit under the super ambitious project that we've undertaken.  Because we're stuck in the middle of our "Oh shit, how the hell our we going to pull this off?!" moment...well, we can't see the forest since we're stuck under a stump at the moment...or something to that effect.  But again, on account of stubbornness and blind faith, we're going to finish this thing.  Otherwise I might look back on this with a mixture of fondness, failure, and regret.  And I feel like there's nothing worse in life than feeling like you've failed.  Hence, finishing is essential.  So if anyone has any thoughts or words of encouragement, then please send them along because Conner and I could use them at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment